Blogging is one of the best ways of making money online, and if done right, you can turn it into a full-time career, as well. However, most online enthusiasts are confused about the first few steps. Here are the simple steps you must follow.
- Select a niche. Blogging is effective when the content posted is making sense to readers or the targeted audience. You have to select a niche that’s trendy and effective at the same time. Start with one niche at a time, and you can expand later.
- Choose a domain name. Domain name should be relevant and easy to remember. If it is a personal blog, you might use a name that resembles your personal details. However, for professional niche oriented content, you have to select the right keywords.
- Choose a hosting plan. Free blogging platforms are handy, but if you want to do things in a more professional way, you have to choose a hosting plan. These days, the plans are really cheap, and you can try options like GoDaddy and Hostgator.
- Get a designer. There are developers, who can help in creating a mobile-friendly and effective blog without a lot of investment. Just check online to find a few options and ask them for a demo to get the design right.
- Find ways to generate money. There is freelancing and other ways to generate revenue online, but when it comes to blogging, you might want to try Adsense. Check for other options that may work for the particular niche.
- Start with SEO. Search engine optimization or SEO is one of the best ways to promote a blog, and you just need to be patient, because SEO takes its own sweet time to deliver results. Talk to a SEO expert if required, and make sure that your blog is optimized for keywords.
- Consider online promotions. Paid marketing and search engine promotion are great for promoting a website/blog, but you need to consider the budget. A better idea is to hire a marketing agency that can take your requirements for a fixed monthly price. Check their work and ask them to offer a final plan with all the inclusions and exclusions.
Lastly, focus on content. The success of any blog depends on its content, and it’s very essential that you post regularly. Learn from your competitors and understand the trends that actually matter the moment. If required, you can use free tools to find relevant keywords too.